We are joined by Gurusimran Khalsa (vbrowncoat), “GS”, this time around. We´re not sure if it´s the summer holiday mode, or perhaps just general delirium, but for some reason this one goes off on a bit of a tangent.
Dutch Caravans? Really?
- VCDX Designs
- Troubleshooting difficult problems
- Is PernixData chocolate ice cream?
- VMworld 2013 – whats happening
- Chromecast, AppleTV and possible nefarious images.
- Idea to make your presenter life easier on the road by @BasRaayman
- DevOPs and The Phoenix Project
- VMworld 2013 speculations
- vCloud automation, Dynamic Ops and Openstack
And there it is. 35 minutes of mostly weird, geek laughter.
Two thirds of the Geek Whisperers Podcast join is for a decidedly non-techie serving of vSoup.
Naturally we get into a social media, the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Using social media correctly and incorrectly
- Is Community Social 2.0
- Getting weird IT guys to be extroverts
- BBS Systems the first Twitter type Platform?
- How Social Media created vSoup
- Is Social Media being used for any other professions than IT?
- Social media usage and challenges on the horizon
So there it is, a podcast with another podcast crew talking social media. Meta much?
Guess who´s back? Yes, yet again we get to philosophize with Mike Laverick.
Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K, and perhaps we´re all suffering from a mild form of hysteria, but this is a fun one!
Listen to this dude Rufus, he knows what he’s talking about.
Our most excellent list of topics include:
- “Mike’s Epic Journey to the vCloud“
- Mike’s new Role at VMware
- Can you turn a blog into a book?
- Evolution of vCloud director thru versions
- Other cloud automation tools
- VMware and Puppet
- Does 68+ posts on vCloud director make it too complicated? (or even 71 as it is at the time of writing)
- Usage cases for vCloud Director and other products
- 3rd party Virtualization stacks
And remember: be excellent to each other!
(ok, ok, I went overboard with the references in this one, but hey, I believe our adventure through time has taken a most serious turn.)
Nick, who blogs at nickapedia.com is as quick with his mouth as he is with his blogging, so you´re in for a real quickfire episode!
I´m sure we have missed something, but conversation items include:
- Nicks Career Transformation
- Automation – will it replace YOU?
- DevOPs and the next level of automation
- Puppet and how to make sure your underpants are on first.
- Automation with regards to the evolution of Tech
- API’s and their importance
Now, let us all hope that Chris figures out how many hats to wear, or if he remembered to put on underwear before pants. We do not want Chris going commando, trust me.
Does he succeed? We´ll leave that up to you, the vSoupheads, to decide.
- Free-Form Discussion on Hybrid Switching, OpenFlow, and SDN with Cisco
- VMware NSX Network Virtualization
An unusually short list, perhaps some links got lost in a multicast storm somewhere? We honestly do not know, all we know is that this one is worth a listen. Perhaps even two.
Maish Saidel-Keesing, you know, the don´t vote for me guy who came in at a very respectable #41 place in this years top VMware & virtualization blog vote, was voted our favorite guest for Episode #30!
- VMWorld Barcelona – Can you get a Cloud Credibility badge for punching a pickpocket?
- Gamification of vMotion?
- VMware NSX; is N the new V?
- SDN – Would you buy a car to use as an alarm clock?
- VMware Hybrid Cloud discussion
- Urban Dictionary as a marketing tool
- Christians 4.1 to 5.1 upgrade adventure
- vSphere 6 speculations
- vCenter 5.1 Pre-Install Check Script
- vCert Manager – Changing VMware SSL Certs Made Easy by Michael Webster
- Liquid Data Center tool by Massimo Re Ferrè
- Mike Laverick “My vCloud Journey“
So there it is, #30 episodes of vSoup. Does that make us grown-ups now? Have a listen, and you can decide for yourself. Me? I´m not so sure…
While he has been lurking in the shadows before, this is his first time. First time on vSoup that is, considering that his wife is very pregnant…
And on that bombshell, on to the content:
- VMware PEX
- Conferences in Vegas: Is it a good thing?
- Greggs preparations for VCDX and when to find time
- NanoLab – Running VMware vSphere on Intel NUC – Part 1
- A little bit on lab gear
- Pernix and potential use with vVols?
- Christians quite interesting experience with the APAC Virtual live recording
- Conference call etiquette
- Yahoos new work from home policy
- Pulling a Pope
- The man who outsourced himself
Oh, and spiders. There were spiders.
What´s better than to celebrate the holidays with your favorite grandpa?
That´s what we thought too, and this time we have Darren Woollard as our esteemed guest (we returned him safely home after the recording was done).
Since the mayans were wrong after all, we´re happy to present vSoup Episode #28, which also marks the 2nd full year of vSoup Podcasts!
Quick summary of topics:
- XtraVirt and Darrens role there
- Consulting firms providing products in addition to professional services?
- Design Me a Highly Available Infrastructure at LonVMUG
- Chris’ session at LonVMUG
- Social Media in the Community\People Skills and kids these days
- VMware spelling mistakes
- Ed’s method for determining correct spelling of vCenter
- Are products too easy to install?
- Snapshots again!
- VMFS Heap size issue Chris encountered
- Christian application for VMUG leadership
- General VMUG discussion
- Is twitter popular in Norway
Listen now, and get of our lawn!
Sorry for the delay, but here we are again, this time with Joep Piscaer freshly crowned VCDX #101.
Since we´re a bit on the slow side releasing this one, we´ll just get right to it.
Quick summary of topics:
- VCDX design and defense and Joeps experiences
- Joeps new website vcdx101.com
- Tablets, Phones and Horizon Mobile
- End user computing
- Storage chatter and a bit about Fusion IO
- Fault Tolerant VMs running on a VMware VSA and issues experienced
- 43:45 Joep opens a beer?
It´s nice to have a new vSoup to listen to, innit?
Live from VMworld Europe 2012, it´s yet another special video edition episode of vSoup!
Listen to, and view, Chris Dearden´s vBrownbag Tech Talk “Engaging tech support for vSphere professionals“:
Sadly we can only offer the embedded lifestream feed for this talk, at least at the moment. If we can our hands on an actual working video file, we´ll get it added to the feed as a video podcast as well.
For now, here it is: